Comm issues

This is my blog site I'll be using for my Mass Comm & Society class as well as my Editing/Design class. I will be posting my thoughts on topics that I feel need noted upon that arise in class.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Newspapers undergo critique

Enough of this negative junk! We want to hear some positive action with newspaper businesses. An article from washingtonpost.com reports about the top ten papers in the country.

Howard Kurtz, a media reporter for The Washington Post since 1990, discusses specific articles written in the past, how newspapers covered and dealt with these issues, and also the new inovations of podcasting and more.
"I think that the NYT, LAT, WP and WSJ are widely seen as in the top tier of American newspapers, and the Chicago Tribune and Boston Globe a notch below," Kurtz says.
Having papers be critiqued by "professional" personel should be a positive action. Just like anything else in the world, everything could use some change so they can improve their chances of becoming better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home