Comm issues

This is my blog site I'll be using for my Mass Comm & Society class as well as my Editing/Design class. I will be posting my thoughts on topics that I feel need noted upon that arise in class.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Working together is a plus

Education poses as a life saver for the Washington Post. As other newspaper company's futures look pretty dull, the Washington Post takes a different stride.

The company is incredibly grateful for its ties with Kaplan Higher Education.
"In the years to come, Kaplan will become a bigger and bigger part of our total business," said Donald Graham, the company's chairman and CEO, in his annual letter to shareholders. "This will change our company."
Kaplan really stepped it up for the Washington Post by boosting its revenue to an 8% gain. Teaming up with other companies may not be a bad idea if it means saving your own business. Selecting an education company as its division was a smooth choice by the Washington Post, because there will always be a need and profit for learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home