Comm issues

This is my blog site I'll be using for my Mass Comm & Society class as well as my Editing/Design class. I will be posting my thoughts on topics that I feel need noted upon that arise in class.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Wow, there really is a connection!

I don't know about you, but my mother has a hard time navigating around the Internet let alone working her own email. So, as a college student, it seems so unreal that "old people" make up the majority of people who use YouTube.

This just proves that conversion technology is not just a young person craze.

Having MySpace as part of their daily ritual, young people still undoubtedly make up a huge number of video viewers. Also, music videos are ten times more likely to be viewed by a teenager or college student. This is why it seems so shocking that the average age of U.S. viewers is an ancient 39.
According to data compiled by Nielsen/NetRatings, comScore and Quantcast, Web surfers ages 35 to 64 make up anywhere from 48% to 65% of YouTube's audience.
I would think twice next time you think about putting a video online that documents your late night activities. Your mother could be watching it for Heaven's sake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home