Comm issues

This is my blog site I'll be using for my Mass Comm & Society class as well as my Editing/Design class. I will be posting my thoughts on topics that I feel need noted upon that arise in class.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Out with the old, in with the new

Newspapers everywhere are struggling to keep their heads above water. As most of us realize, print journalism just isn't doing the trick anymore and it doesn't appear to be in our future. An article from The Motley Fool points out how newspapers now have a new focus-- online opportunities.

Recently, Dow Jones has hired former Viacom executive, Ann Sarnoff, to educate newspaper companies on how to add 'bells, sparks and whistles' to their online form of journalism.

Newspaper companies must make the best of the current situation they are in.
As has been apparent in many areas of the media lately, an industry threat can also become an opportunity, and it appears that newspaper companies have become well aware of that fact.
Since newspapers are now concentrating on their 'online ventures', does this mean they're choosing to let the print version of their newspaper slowly drown?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home