Comm issues

This is my blog site I'll be using for my Mass Comm & Society class as well as my Editing/Design class. I will be posting my thoughts on topics that I feel need noted upon that arise in class.

Monday, October 16, 2006

What's so hard about the truth?

In an article from the Slate Magazine website, brought up the issue how some newspaper companies and their journalists have a hard time admitting to their mistakes. As readers, we should be more concerned.

Jack Shafer, Slate writer, points a finger at newspapers for not living up to their mistakes.

Instead of announcing their errors in judgment, most newspapers reverse course by ignoring the flawed stories in their back pages and taking a new tackā€”as if those old stories had never been written.

Instead, newspapers tend to reinforce their mistakes in judgment or ignore them until the noise from critics forces them to confess to a kind of journalistic malpractice.

I feel it's the journalist's duty to report fair and accurate information to their audience, and it should be just as simple to correct your mistakes to keep your readers correctly informed.

After all, everyone's human right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home