Comm issues

This is my blog site I'll be using for my Mass Comm & Society class as well as my Editing/Design class. I will be posting my thoughts on topics that I feel need noted upon that arise in class.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Who'd a thunk it?

Would you risk your life just to fulfill your job? To many, jobs like police officers, fire fighters, soldiers, and other closely related fields come with a probable life risk. Most people probably think of journalists as writers who sit in their little cubicle all day in front of a computer typing up articles.

An article from the Free Press emphasizes the danger journalists are currently facing. Journalists who are overseas, especially those working in Iraq, are in a totally different journalism world.
This year is the deadliest on record for journalists and media workers, with 75 deaths to date, the World Association of Newspapers said today.
As we discussed earlier in class, natives of Iraq are hired to do journalism work for our country's newspapers. The WAN chief executive, Timothy Balding, explains being in a warzone isn't the only danger these journalists face. Being a live bullseye to Iraqis for aiding the western news agencies serves as a larger threat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home