Comm issues

This is my blog site I'll be using for my Mass Comm & Society class as well as my Editing/Design class. I will be posting my thoughts on topics that I feel need noted upon that arise in class.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

More than what it appears

To many, Tracey Dyess is viewed as a crazy and confused 17-year-old girl who set fire to her house and killed some of her innocent family members about 18 months ago. There's obviously more to the story than the fact that she's crazy.

An analytical scientist would look into why she behaved this way. Unfortunately, like this case, sexual abuse has a history within the family.
Dyess said she wanted to flee not only from the sex acts, but also from her mother, who failed to protect her children, exposed them to crime, uprooted them more than 25 times, and prevented them from going to school regularly.
Professor Fred Jones, a recent Simpson College forum speaker, suggested even though we can't predict all behaviors, we can predict some. Many times, human actions appear to have a designated pattern they follow. One needs to research all variables that come into play and relate them to their theory. Later, one may be able to utilize some of their findings for similar cases in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home