Comm issues

This is my blog site I'll be using for my Mass Comm & Society class as well as my Editing/Design class. I will be posting my thoughts on topics that I feel need noted upon that arise in class.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

178 jobs forecasted for Coralville

The new buzz in the Coralville area is Dermacia, a skin-care company, will likely be a new addition in the near future. The California-based company is seen to be located in the University of Iowa's Oakdale Research Park.
The company plans to create 178 jobs in the Iowa City/Coralville area within three years with an annual payroll of $7.7 million, the U of I reported.
The common ideology behind why stores/companies locate in larger cities is the fact they are more likely to attract more business. In consuming these skin-care products, consumers may also be consuming the ideologies the products present. As human beings, we do this with our unconscious consciousness, because it's become so naturalized for us to continue improving our image.

Besides benefiting consumers in their area, this new addition to Coralville will attract younger people and also provides numerous jobs to the area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home