Comm issues

This is my blog site I'll be using for my Mass Comm & Society class as well as my Editing/Design class. I will be posting my thoughts on topics that I feel need noted upon that arise in class.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Dangerous road to monopolization

Some people believe that mass media's sole purpose is to control our every thought and feeling. Therefore, several citizens stated their concern about media conglomeration in an article published in the UWM Post.
“I’ve seen how it (media conglomeration) skews the marketplace of ideas,” said Lt. Gov. Barbara Lawton.
After more than three million concerned citizens spoke out against the measure, Congress eventually reduced the number to 39 percent.

I think it's great that in our country we have freedom of speech to voice our opinions about how certain companies are opperating and what change we seek to desire. I agree with the concerns of these citizens, because as we decrease diversity of media it will teeter too close on a dangerous edge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home