Comm issues

This is my blog site I'll be using for my Mass Comm & Society class as well as my Editing/Design class. I will be posting my thoughts on topics that I feel need noted upon that arise in class.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Stories = boring news without pictures

What's a story without pictures? I don't know about you, but a picture is usually what first draws my attention to a story. There's a new rumor about photojournalism jobs slowly disappearing.
They can’t possibly compete in the media-sphere of the future. We’re entering a world of ubiquitous media creation and access. When the tools of creation and access are so profoundly democratized, and when updated business models connect the best creators with potential customers, many if not most of the pros will fight a losing battle to save their careers.
In an era when news organizations are whacking away at staff as fast as they can, the pressure to use what the community can provide will be irresistible given the money it will save.
I really hope this isn't what newspaper companies have wound down to in order to save a little money. How is a paper supposed to retain any aesthetic qualities? I feel elminating photojournalism jobs would definitely do more harm than help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home