Comm issues

This is my blog site I'll be using for my Mass Comm & Society class as well as my Editing/Design class. I will be posting my thoughts on topics that I feel need noted upon that arise in class.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

I want to talk about me

Newspaper columnists shouldn't be drawing a blank on what to write about. Write about yourselves! Newspaper companies all over are encountering big changes left and right, front and behind.

You don't have to search the Internet or flip too many pages to find what I'm talking about. "Editor quits paper", "Tribune blasted for cutting staff", and "Newpapers expect another hit". It's never-ending.
The more journalism declines into depression and general dysfunction, the more journalists and other media types obsess about themselves.
A reader can't escape the media news on the media. The stories in tangible papers don't end there -- they continue onto websites, and then to blogs and RSS Feeds. Can all this talk about themselves even begin to solve any paper problems?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home